Malang (Antara) - Rice stocks at the state logistics agency (Bulog) warehouses in Malang, East Java, are safe until 2014, local Bulog spokesperson Nina Afrisanti said here on Friday. She said the rice stocks would be enough to meet the people's demand during this year's Lebaran festivity, and for the poor family, commercial purpose, and market operation. According to her, rice procurement since January until July reached 41,500 tons, plus the old stock of around 500 tons to make 42,000 tons. "Therefore the people should not worry about rice scarcity. Even the price will remain stable after the market operation, conducted since the rise in subsidized fuel oil prices," she said. Nina expressed her optimism that the rice stocks at Bulog warehouses in Malang and Pasuruan would be sufficient to meet the demand of people in the cities of Malang, Batu, and Pasuruan until March 2014. Besides, she said market operation had been conducted at six points since the rice of subsidized fuel prices and would continue until August 5 to control the fluctuating prices. "The rice being sold during the market operation is of medium quality but the price was cheaper because of government subsidy with Rp250 per kg. (*)


Editor : Edy M Yakub
COPYRIGHT © ANTARA 2026