International Passengers in Bali to Receive Overstayed Permit: Ministry

id International Passengers, in Bali, Receive Overstayed Permit, Ministry

Jakarta, (Antara) - All international passengers in Bali province would receive an overstayed permit for maximum one month, following the closure of the airport due to Mount Agung's Eruption few days ago, the Transportation Ministry said.

Sugihardjo, the ministry's secretary general said in Jakarta, Tuesday, the authority would ease the procedure on extending the stay permit for the affected foreign passengers.

"During a conference at the Coordinating Ministry with (Bali) Governor and its deputy, we have agreed to help the international passengers earn their overstayed permits," he remarked.

The airport operator, PT Angkasa Pura I's secretary, Israwadi said, his company has contacted the Immigration Office to give an "exit pass" to the international passengers who have crossed the immigration counter.

The "exit pass" would be effective for one week.

"However if the passengers are seeking to extending their stays for one month, they have to submit their requests to the Immigration Office," Israwadi noted.

Meanwhile, for the international passengers that have not yet passed the immigration counter, they could directly file a request to the Immigration Office.

Earlier on Monday, the operator PT Angkasa Pura I announced the Bali I Gusti Ngurah Rai International Airport was closed due to the volcanic ashes of Mount Agung.

"Referring o the Notice to the airmen (NOTAMN) number: A4242/17 on Nov 27, herewith we inform you that due to the volcanic ashes of Mount Agung in Karangasem district, Bali, Indonesia, I Gusti Ngurah Rai airport will be closed on Nov 27 to Nov 28," Yanus Suprayogi, the operator's general manager said in a written statement.

Following the closure, all flights both arriving and departing en route from and to the airport will be cancelled until further notice, he reiterated.

However, on Nov 28, the authority later decided to extend the closure to Nov 29.

"We have decided to extend the closure of I Gusti Ngurah Rai Airport from 07.00 a.m. on Nov 28 until 07.00 a.m. on Nov 29, 2017," Secretary General of Air Transportation Directorate of the Ministry of Transportation Pramintohadi said, Tuesday.

Because of the closure, some 445 flights have been canceled, affecting at least 89 thousand passengers.

Although the closure was predicted to end on Nov 29, Sugihardjo said the authority may shut down the airport for the next three days.

"Based on the Meteorology, Climatology and Geophysics Agency's forecast, there will be a cyclone for three to four days," he stated, Tuesday.

Hence, he called on all passengers to remain alert for any unpredictable natural disasters.(*)
Pewarta :
Editor: Chandra Hamdani Noer
COPYRIGHT © ANTARA 2017

Komentar